The Internal EMS Auditor 3- day course is for individuals who are responsible for the auditing of an EMS against the ISO 14001, Green Dragon or BS8555 Standards and want to further their expertise in environmental management systems, gaining a better understanding of environmental issues and legislation.
The Course provides guidance on environmental management systems and covers the principles of internal auditing, equipping delegates the knowledge to undertake an audit of an EMS. The course content is delivered in accordance with the ISO 14001:2015 Standard.
This is an interactive course which includes presentations, practical workshops, role-play, case studies and an open book exam on the final day.
- Environmental concerns, identification of key environmental performance indicators and continual environmental improvement.
- EMS Standards and requirements (ISO 14001, Green Dragon, BS8555).
- Environmental aspects and impacts (identification of and completion of aspects register).
- Auditing skills and techniques.
- Audit planning (site audits, use of checklists, interviewing techniques, what to look for to ensure compliance).
- How to complete and implement an internal audit programme (non-conformance, corrective action and follow-up).
- Practical exercise undertaking an internal EMS audit.
- Environmental legislation (implementing a Legal Register).
- Sources of information and further development.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of their organisation’s EMS (ISO14001, Green Dragon, BS8555).
- Those responsible carrying out environmental system audits.
- Quality and Health and Safety Auditors who want to improve their professional competence in the area of environmental auditing.
- Environmental professionals that wish to improve their understanding of the EMS auditing process.
- Top management responsible for managing internal audit programmes and reviewing environmental performance.
Outcome and Qualification
Successful completion of the course will be dependent on individuals demonstrating acceptable levels of performance during practical exercises and a final examination.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be issued with an IEMA Internal EMS Auditor Course Certificate, which can be used to gain points towards registration as an IEMA Environmental Auditor.
Prices and dates
Prices are from £695 plus VAT, and are dependent on the location. For the latest dates, please see our main website.