The Lead Environmental Auditor 5- day course aims to develop participants' auditing skills and understanding of environmental management systems, environmental issues and EMS auditing processes and techniques.
It assists individuals who want to become lead environmental auditors or those with a quality or health & safety background who wish to expand into environmental management. The course content is delivered in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
This is an interactive course which includes presentations, practical workshops, role-play, case studies and an open book exam on the final day.
- Understanding and evaluating current environmental issues, their interrelationships and how they relate to the auditing processes.
- ISO 14001 (2015) interpretation and understanding.
- The application of techniques used in the identification of environmental aspects and impacts.
- Evaluating and explaining the significance of environmental impacts.
- Analysing and validating environmental objectives, targets, management and monitoring regimes.
- The relationships and differences between different audit types.
- Competency requirements for lead auditor and audit teams undertaking environmental audit.
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors, the audit team and other relevant bodies.
- Planning, Initiating, Implementing, Managing, Monitoring and Reviewing Audit Programmes.
- The identification and interpretation of environmental legislation.
- Sources of information and further development.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of their organisation’s EMS (ISO14001, Green Dragon, BS8555).
- Those responsible carrying out environmental system audits.
- Quality and Health and Safety Auditors who want to improve their professional competence in the area of environmental auditing.
- Environmental professionals that wish to improve their understanding of the EMS auditing process.
- Top management responsible for managing internal audit programmes and reviewing environmental performance.
Outcome and Qualification
Successful completion of the course will be dependent on individuals demonstrating acceptable levels of performance during practical exercises and a final examination.
Individuals who successfully complete the IEMA certified course will receive an IEMA Lead Environmental Auditor Course Certificate and will gain credits towards becoming a registered IEMA Environmental Auditor; those gaining more than 70% will receive six points towards an IEMA Environmental Auditor registration.
Prices and dates
Prices are from £1,195 plus VAT, and are dependent on the location. For the latest dates, please see our main website.